Welcome to Sofia’s Pharmacy!
Every once in a while, I like to document how many pills I’ve taken since the start of my health problems. In 2011, before I was even diagnosed, I started keeping all my empty pill bottles. Every time I fill up my weekly pill box, I seem to run out of something I take. That empty bottle goes into a box I keep in my room. This is the result of that box, all neatly organized.
This is my mini pharmacy. I’ve got everything from empty Penicillin syringes to half-finished oral antibiotics to homeopathic remedies. Basically, if I took it or used it for a health-related reason, it’s here. Some bottles are empty and some are half full.
Here’s a quick scan of everything that’s in this picture, starting from the very back and working my way forward.
- Lyme Literature
- Herx and anxiety supplements
- Pain killer, oral antibiotics and anti-fungal prescriptions
- Symptom management supplements
- Probiotics and detoxing supplements
- Rare symptom management supplements, including topical creams
- Liquid and granulated Stevia
- Herbal liquid antibiotics
- Bicillin L-A syringes
- Pill organizer, eye droppers, liquid medicine measuring cups, and pill cutter
Yep, that’s my collection. Actually, that’s not even all of them. I took this picture in June and my collection has definitely grown since then.
You know, I really wouldn’t have nearly as many pills as I do if I was just tested for Lyme in the very beginning when my symptoms started. But that’s a rant for another day.
I’m planning on creating some sort of art project out of all of them after I’m done with treatment. I’m thinking a giant tick would be interesting. That’s one positive reason to keep my collection growing!
Gotta keep climbing this pill mountain.