I love smoothies! I used to buy them, but the ones from smoothie bars have a lot of added sugar in them. A naturopath I went to for a while suggested I start making nightly smoothies as a way to get more energy and nutrients without eating a full meal. At first I was skeptical, but I’m so glad she gave me this recipe, because I love love love these! They’re light, frothy, healthy, and surprisingly do not taste disgusting! I know the color is kind of yucky, but trust me, they taste good!! Plus! No added sugar! Just natural sweetness from a small amount of fruit. Yummmmmm.
- 2 Cups coconut milk
- 3 or 4 ice cubes
- 1 Scoop Whey protein powder (The brand I have is BioGenesis, Ultra Pure Vanilla flavored)
- 1 TBS of greens powder (The brand I have is Vitamineral Green)
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- 1/2 Cup berry of your choice (I used raspberries)
- 1/2 Apple, cut into chunks
- A handful or two of kale or spinach
It’s really super easy! Takes about 2 minutes.
- Pour your coconut milk into a blender
- Add the protein powder, greens powder, coconut oil, and ice cubes
- Add your kale, apples, and berries
The best part about these is that they’re actually pretty helpful. All the ingredients are super foods and are very beneficial to eat. Blend them all together and you get something pretty tasty. Whenever I make one, I wake up the next day feeling full of energy.
Hope you like them too!